• webshaykh

Anniversary of Aden TV

The first TV system in Yemen was set up in Aden in 1964. This was the third TV network in Arabic. The South Arabian Television Service was a government-owned station established during the time of the Aden Protectorate with the assistance of Television International Enterprises Limited (TIE Ltd). The population of the Aden Protectorate in 1966 was 200,000 and there were an estimated 10,300 television sets. For scenes of the local broadcasters, check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qTbPf8jQEU.





[top two photos courtesy of Dr. Muhammad Gerhoum's Facebook Site.]



18 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
AIYS

The American Institute for Yemeni Studies is a US registered 501(c)3 non-profit, academic organization.

blogicon.png
facebookicon.jpg
CONTACT

Phone: 202.633.1599

Main Office: aiys.us@aiys.org

Ṣan‘ā' Office: aiys.yemen@aiys.org

President: aiys.president@aiys.org

Subscribe to the AIYS email newsletter

COMING SOON

caorc.jpg

© 2020 American Institute for Yemeni Studies